Monday, December 10, 2012

The Saginaw River at Night

As we were wandering around Bay City, the look of the river caught my eye.  Especially the sight of the Appledore decked out with lights.
 This is the Appledore IV, she is based in Bay City, MI.  She was built in 1989 by Treworgy Yachts in Palm Coast, Forida.
 She is a two masted schooner and you can do dinner cruises on her in the summer.  Behind her is Wenonah Park.  It was built in the late 70's in front of what used to be known as the Wenonah Hotel (that caught on fire in the 70's).  Between the ship and the tree, you can see the band shell and during the summer there are concerts held there.  In fact, I heard a small concert as I was taking this picture.
 The left of the ship is the Jenison Building.  I believe it used to be a warehouse but is now being used for condos.
One more shot at a different exposure.  I'm not sure which of the above pictures that I like but I do like the reflections on the water.

No comments: