Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Mississagi Passes the Maritime Center

One of the nice things about boatwatching in Port Huron is the Maritime Center.  It gives a good place to sit in between boats and it serves pretty good food.  The view from it isn't too bad either.
 So after wandering Port Huron for a bit, I found myself back at the Maritime Center.  This time to catch the passing of the Mississagi.  She's been on this blog before.  You can search for her story if you want.
 There is something about the lines of a classic laker and given that this one was built during World War II, I would say she counts as a classic.
 I think it's me but sometimes the pilothouse looks like it is tilted back.   I think you could almost put a smile on her.
 Two water creatures pass by...the duck and the ship.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
And one more shot before she passes by.

No comments: