Sunday, December 30, 2012

Random Sights of Detroit

These are just some shots I took of Detroit as I was leaving the stadium.
 Looking down Brush Street towards the Renaissance Center.  I kind of like this view and would like to take this picture again when there aren't so many people in it.
The tall building in the center of the picture is the Penobscot Building.  Constructed in 1928 and for a time was the tallest building outside of New York or Chicago.  It remained Detroit's tallest building until the completion of the Ren Cen.  When it was completed it was the 8th tallest building in the world.  It stands at 47 stories.
The tall building back and to the left is the Comerica Tower.  I've taken a few pictures of it.  I'm not sure what the building in front of it is.  The building in the center is the Cadillac Tower and I'm pretty sure I've taken pictures of it before.
I believe this is Monroe Street.  It runs through Greektown.  The spires towards the back are of the St Mary Catholic Church.  One of these days I need to take pictures of it as well.

No comments: