Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Train Passes St. Joseph

As I was getting ready to head back to the car, I heard the distinctive sound of a train whistle.  I've always wanted to get a shot of a train going over the train bridge in St. Joseph, so this was my chance.
 I didn't really know the lay of the land, so I didn't know how long I would have to wait.  For that matter, I didn't know if the train would be turning off somewhere and I wouldn't get a chance to see it.  Since the bridge was set up for a train, I assumed that meant it would be coming.
 After a little wait, the train appeared.  It was a BNSF train.  I don't usually see these around here but I think it was hauling coal.
 Was a fairly long train because there were two engines.
 It works it way over the bridge.
 A shot of the engines on the bridge.
 And it leaves.
 Followed by the other engine.
And I believe these are coal cars.

So this is why I had one of the shots of the St. Joseph lighthouse that I did.  The view of it was pretty nice as I was heading back to the car.

No comments: