Monday, April 21, 2014

Return to Marblehead

It seems like one of my requisite stops when I'm passing through Ohio is the Marblehead Lighthouse.  As one of the oldest lighthouses on the Lakes, it has historical significance.  It is also a pretty nice looking lighthouse.
 Built in 1821, I think this is the oldestAmerican lighthouse on the Great Lakes.  I think there is a Canadian lighthouse that beat it out for oldest on the Lakes.
 It is certainly impressive even though it doesn't look that tall.
 A shot of the Keeper's House.
 And a foggy Lake Erie.  As you can see, Erie is pretty much free of ice too.
 I kind of like this shot.
 One of the first sites you see.
 The tower peeking over the Keeper's house.
 I was trying to use the fence as a leading line.  Don't think it worked too well.
 Cedar Point waiting for warmer weather.
One more shot before moving on.

No comments: