Sunday, August 3, 2014

And Now the Saginaw

Actually, this was one of the earlier ships I saw on the cruise but since I went up to Port Huron to catch her later, I'll post her towards the end.
 We caught her down a part of the Rouge River where ships don't normally go.  I believe she was loading coke for somewhere.
 One of the things I like about Great Lakes ships is that they can pretty much go anywhere.
 I ended up catching her up in Port Huron later.  I was hoping to catch her and another ship but as you can see, my light was fading fast.
 But it made for nice lighting for the ship.
 I love the way the oranges of the sunset showed up in her bow.
 She makes her turn for the channel leading out to Lake Huron.
 Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 Again, but this time she's a little bigger.
 She is pushing one heck of bow wake.
 One more shot under the Bridge.
 Her Canadian flag flying proudly in the breeze.
And one more shot as she is on Lake Huron.

No comments: