Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Night Train

So I decided to mess around with long exposures and my trains again tonight.  Sadly, I didn't remember the setting so that the flash would go off towards the end of the exposure.  But I guess that's just a well.
 First I set it up with the light on and then using the flash to make the train a little more distinct at points.  It almost reminds me of a train going into warp.
 But I think I like this one a little better.
 Then I turned off the lights and just used the flash.  Not sure if I like this one as much.
 From a different angle with the flash.  I kind of like the ghost train effect.
 And then the stopped train effect.
 The night Union Pacific train passing by the stopped CN train.  For this one, I was using the flashlight feature of my iPhone since I can't seem to find my proper flashlight.
 Then I switched over to the CSX train.  Again under normal lights.
 Normal lights with the flash.
 Then I went back to the iPhone and just played around with different light angles.
 Slightly overhead.
 A little to the side.
Almost right in front of the train.  I think I like this one the best.  I guess this could be the midnight train going anywhere.

No comments: