Monday, September 21, 2015

A Ride on the Nickel Plate

I will post pictures from the trip itself before I post pictures of the Nickel Plate 765.  There were some pretty nice spots along the way.
 We boarded the train by the Brecksville-Northfield High Bridge.  It was built in 1931 and renovated in 1989.  In 2012, there was a plot to blow it up but it was foiled before it could come to fruition.
 This is pretty typical of what we saw.
 I got tickets for the dining car.  It was pretty cool and the seats were comfortable. 
 We passed one of the lumberyards.
 This was a part of a farm.
 The lower part of the Cuyahoga River.
 One of the other stations.
 Another part of the Cuyahoga.
 I'm not sure what freeway this was under.
 I think this was the I-80 bridge.
Another view of the field.

No comments: