Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Waiting For An Air Show

I haven't felt particularly motivated the past couple of days, so I took a little delay before posting my pictures from the air show.  I finally got motivated enough to upload my pictures so that they could be posted on my blog.  I'm not quite sure if I'm motivated enough to do more than this post.  However, since you've all been waiting patiently, here is the first post from the Air Show.
 Every year, they do a ground demonstration at Willow Run.  I think it's kind of cool because they usually have some aircraft to go along with it.  One year, I would love to see an artillery demonstration for the full combined arms effect.  At any rate, this is a German truck of some sort.
 This a Kubelwagen, which was the German equivalent to the Jeep.  It was made by Volkswagen and it was based heavily on the Beetle.  There were over 50,000 of these produced over the years.
 One of the American half tracks.  It was sort of the beginnings to mechanized warfare.
 And it wouldn't be a World War II thing without at least one Jeep. 
 A P-51 painted to look like one of the versions used by the Tuskegee Airmen.
 An A-26 Invader.
 It's kind of difficult getting pictures of the planes on the ground without getting a bunch of people in them.  Often I will try to get odd angles of planes in that case.  This is one of those times.  This is the nose section of a PV-2 Harpoon.
 Just as I was about to snap the shutter, this person got into my picture of the Mosquito.  This was my last ground shot because I figured I'd get better pictures in the air.
 A stunt plane.  I thought that I would see this one in the air.  Sadly, I didn't.
The Yankee Lady returning from a trip.

No comments: