Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Stop at the Jackson Yard

So I went up to Eaton Rapids to meet my aunt yesterday.  We ate at a Chinese Buffet there, it wasn't too bad.  It was actually kind of nice to catch up with her.  I didn't get any pictures of Eaton Rapids, although I probably should have.
 I did stop at the railyard in Jackson however.  I was hoping to catch a few engines.  This is a GE ES40DC which is part of their Evolution Series of locomotives.  These were designed to meet some of the new EPA emissions requirements for locomotives.  This particular series started production in 2003.  Originally, the engines had 4000 horsepower but they have since been upgraded to 4400 horsepower.
 A shot from the front.  I guess while they are not moving I can get shots that I wouldn't normally get.
 I kind of like this angle because it gives you an idea of the side.
 The SD40-2 locomotive is part of the Electromotive Diesel's Dash 2 series.  Production ran from 1972 to 1989.  This particular one is wearing a logo from the Model Railroader's Convention from last year.
 Another angle.
 Again, I kind of like this angle for a train.
 The GP38-2 is a switcher engine built by Electromotive Diesel.  This particular style is known as the high short hood.  I think these look kind of weird.
And I end with the Conrail caboose.

No comments: