Monday, September 21, 2015

An Alco FPA-4

I arrived at the station to wait for the Nickel Plate.  It was the same spot where I caught her last year.  And just like last year, there was the regular run just before the appearance of the Nickel Plate.
 Unlike last year, it was one of the older units of the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad.  In this case, one of their FPA-4 units.
 These units were produced by a partnership of the American Locomotive Company and GE starting in 1946.  This particular unit was used by the Canadian National Railroad and was built in Montreal.
 There were 1401 FA units produced in total, out of those there were 152 produced in Montreal.
 I'll have to admit, I like the looks of these old diesels.  For some reason, the front reminds me of a face.
 The end of the train.
 There was another unit on the back.
One more shot of that.

No comments: