Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Beechcraft Super King Air Coming In For A Landing

As I was leaving work, I saw that I thought was a couple planes circling the Ann Arbor Airport doing touch and goes.  After fighting through the traffic for a bit, I arrived at the airport only to discover that they had landed.  I was about ready to leave when I looked off to the side and saw this plane passing by.   For a second, I thought it was going to move on until I saw it turn to enter the approach pattern.
 I think this is a Beechcraft Super King Air 350i.  This plane is an upgrade of the earlier King Air series which started in 1963.  The Super King Air started in 1972.
 This may very well be a 350i which has improved engines over the earlier versions.  From their sounds, they are turboprops.
 The plane has a range of over 1800 miles at a speed of 312 mph.
I'll have to admit, it is a pretty cool looking aircraft.

No comments: