Wednesday, September 23, 2015

An Airplane Flies Overhead

I had a little time left at lunch today, so I decided to stand outside the office to see what I could catch airplane wise.  There is usually a plane or two from the Ann Arbor Airport flying overhead.
As I was about ready to give up and head back to my desk, I heard a plane takeoff from around the airport.  So I looked up and saw this guy.  It turns out that it is a Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair III.  This particular aircraft comes out of Arlington, Washington and is a kit built plane.  It has a crew of two and either person can fly the plane.  It is powered by a 300 horsepower Lycoming engine which gives it a top speed of 290 miles.  The plane itself is made out of composite materials.  Looking at other pictures of it, I'd have to say it's a pretty sweet looking airplane.

No comments: