Sunday, May 15, 2016

And the Edgar Speer

There was a little bit of window between the last ship and this one.  I decided to grab lunch at the Freighters Restaurant and then I got my cat some cat food and litter.  For this ship, I decided to try a different spot along the way.
 This particular spot was a little closer to the bridge.  This pretty much meant that I wasn't going to get a headshot. 
 But I did get some different angles.
 I kind of like this shot.
 The Edgar B. Speer was on her way to Conneaut, Ohio.  I am guessing she had a load of taconite.  If I remember correctly, it would be about 18 hours from the time to this picture was taken until she arrived there.   It was about 19 hours before this picture that she passed through the Poe Lock.  And I think it was 24 hours prior to that when she left either Duluth or Two Harbors.  I hope that gives you an idea of the size of the Great Lakes.
 Despite that, she still looms large.
Have a safe journey.

No comments: