Friday, May 27, 2016

The CSL Laurentien Passes By

It was a fairly busy day for boats today.  I ended up seeing 4 in a span of two hours.  If I had waited in Port Huron, I think I would have seen three or four more.  If I had gotten up earlier, I could have caught another three at least.
 The CSL Laurentien was the next vessel to make the passage through Port Huron.  As you can see, it was a little hazy today.  But I think hazy makes for interesting ship pictures.
 She is on her way to Nanticoke with a load of iron (I presume).  She would have come from either Duluth or Two Harbors. 
 I think that journey is almost 24 hours from the time where I took this picture (which was about 1:30).
 She passes by the train picking up cars from the Paper Mill.
 The head on shot.

And one more shot.

No comments: