Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Mesabi Miner Making Moves

Next up is another ship that would have brought me up anyway. 
 The Mesabi Miner is a ship that I haven't seen yet this season.  In fact, I don't think I've seen any of her sisters yet either.  She is one that I wasn't sure that I would catch because she was a bit behind the rest of the pack.
 But I stuck around until I could see her.  As you can see, she was in the weather a bit as well.
 But I think that makes for cool pictures.  Especially when it is just think enough to obscure but not to thick to complete block out.
 She was on her way to the DTE Energy plant in St. Clair to deliver a load of coal.  She would have to wait for the American Integrity to finish unloading though.
 I love the head shot.  Especially with the 1000 footers.
 She passes under the Blue Water Bridge.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And one more before moving on.

No comments: