Monday, May 30, 2016

Waiting for the Germans

I decided to go planewatching yesterday afternoon.  I wasn't really in the mood to do much of anything else.  In the process, I decided to look up the Lufthansa flights into Detroit.
 I ended up finding a different spot.  It was an industrial park near the airport.  It seemed like a decent spot for the weekend but I'm not sure how it would be during the week.  First plane up was Delta 757 which was on it's way to Orlando.
 Next I caught a Southwest 737 in newer livery.  I kind of like the look of this one.  I'm not sure where it was heading though.
 Another Delta 757 but this one was heading to Atlanta.
 One of the smaller Regional Jets.
 A Boeing 717 belonging to Delta.  I can't make out its tail number, so I'm not sure where it is off to.
 Another Regional Jet.
 One of the larger Regional Jets.
 An Airbus 319.
 A Delta Airbus A319 that was on it's way to Houston.
 A 737 that belongs to American Airlines.
 I'm not sure what kind of plane this is.  I think it's a 757 but I'm not sure.
 Another Airbus.
 One of the DC-9 derivatives.
 The plane that I was waiting for was the the Airbus A340 belonging to Lufthansa.  I've caught one of these coming in but I didn't have a camera ready at the time. 
 This was Lufthansa 443 Heavy with service to Frankfurt.  It is a daily flight from Detroit.
 I'll have to admit, this was pretty cool but not quite as cool as the 747.
 However, the weather was perfect.
And one more shot.

No comments: