Tuesday, May 24, 2016

And Some Just Rust Away

I was kind of surprised to see the next ship.  I didn't really see her on AIS until I was up in St. Clair.  Because she's one of the ships whose days are numbered, I needed pictures of her.
 I keep hearing rumors that the Algoway is pretty much on her last legs as a vessel.  It is only a matter of time before her replacement is built.
 I think I remember a couple of years ago when they painted her bow and looking at her that seems like forever. 
 She's got rust everywhere it seems.  But I guess I can understand why.  If her days are numbered, why bother wasting paint on her.  As long as it isn't affecting anything else.
 But I kind of like the rust, it gives her character.
 Not that she doesn't already have alot of character.
 A shot of her stern.
And she moves on.  I was hoping to catch her as she passed Port Huron, but she ended up stopping short of there.  It wasn't until after dark that she moved on.

No comments: