Monday, May 9, 2016

And Monday Planewatching

I decided to do some planewatching after work tonight.  I found my scanner and I figured out how to program the frequencies in it.  So I had some narration to go with my watching.  It was pretty confusing because there was alot of chatter.  I figure there is a plane either landing or taking off every minute (or so).  There is also communication telling the pilot which channel to contact next.  Anyway, it's pretty busy.
 This Delta 737 was on it's way to Baltimore.  After it arrived there, it turned around and came back.  In the morning, it will take another flight to Baltimore and back.  Then it will head out to Las Vegas.
 This Regional Jet was on its way to Grand Rapids.
 I can't make out the tail number.
 An Embrear Plane.
 The usual Virgin Atlantic flight to London.  I'm going to have to see if there is a British Airways flight from or to Detroit.  I don't think there is.

 This Airbus 320 was on its way to Atlanta.  Chances are there was a connecting flight in the midst.
 I think this is a Boeing 757.
 Delta Flight 276 on it's way to Orlando.  Interesting bit of trivia, both Disneys are in Orange County.
 A Boeing 737 on it's way to Seattle.
 A Southwest 737 on it's way to somewhere.
 This MD-88 was on its way to Connecticut.
 An Airbus A320 coming in from Denver.  It would then head on to Reagan National in Washington.
 If you ever needed an example of how busy Detroit is, just take a look at this picture.  There are at least three planes here.
 Each plane is landing on parallel runways.   There are a total of six runways at Detroit Metro.  Four of them run roughly north and south and two run east and west.  I don't think I've ever seen the east west runways used.
 A Delta 737 coming in for a landing.  This was coming in from San Diego.
 This Airbus 320 was landing from O'Hare Airport.  After that, it flew from Detroit to Atlanta.
 An MD-88 arriving from Nashville.
This Delta Airlines 757 was coming in from Fort Lauderdale.  It will turn around and head to Orlando, Florida and from there come back to Detroit.  I kind of like this paint scheme.

No comments: