At the entrance of Washington Park in Michigan City stands this statue. It was sculpted by William O'Donovan and Jonathan Hartley. It was donated to the city from New York in 1893 by John H. Winterbotham who was a local businessman. It is to the sailors and soldiers who died in the Civil War.
The statue stands approximately 42 feet tall and fairly prominently displayed.
This figure is cast of bronze and stands 12 feet tall. She stands for victorious peace.
This is a picture of some of the detail at the bottom of the statue.
A close up of one of the soldiers.
An officer urging his men on.
Looking up at the statue.