Friday, July 2, 2010

Old Michigan City Lighthouse

I took yesterday off and decided to head over to the western end of the state in my quest for lighthouses. I saw that there were two lighthouses in Michigan City, Indiana so I decided to head there first.

The first lighthouse I stopped at was the Old Michigan City Lighthouse. It was built in 1858 and was a little inland. This lighthouse was replaced by the Michigan City East light in 1904 as that one is at the edge of pier.

Here is a quarter view of the lighthouse. It is a pretty nice looking lighthouse.

A shot from the front. I can understand why it would have been replaced as it is more inland than the other light.

Looking up at the tower. There isn't a light inside.

Looking from the side. It sits on a hill which is part of the reason my picture looks so bizarre.

Another quarter angle shot.

No comments: