Monday, July 12, 2010

A Few Boats

My transportation loves go in this order:
1. Planes
2. Ships and Boats
3. Trains
4. Cars.

One of the things I like about taking pictures of lighthouses is that it gives me opportunties to take pictures of ships and boats (btw, a boat is anything that can be brought aboard a ship). Anyways, these are some of the boats I saw as I was taking pictures of the lighthouse.

This is a sailboat as it comes in from Lake Michigan. It's not quite under full sail though.

This is a shot of a sailboat and other boat as they pass by the light on the south pier.

The Coast Guard station is at the other end of the north pier from the lighthouse. This is one of the Coast Guard boats on a patrol of the river. I got to watch them in action a little bit before this picture and they looked every bit the professionals I expect them to be. I'm glad our coasts are in their hands.

Another shot of a sailboat as it passes by the south light.

No comments: