Monday, July 5, 2010

The Mackinac Bridge in July

So as part of my continuing series, I decided that my July shot of the Bridge would include the fireworks in it. So I tried to figure out where the best place to do this would be and I decided on the Bridge View Park on the St. Ignace side. I based this on where they would be shooting off the fireworks and the angles involved. There probably was a better spot and I may have to try that next year. Anyways.

As I was waiting for the fireworks to start, I decided to take a few pictures of the bridge. I don't normally get pictures from this side or angle, so it made for some different shots.

This is a shot as the sun was setting, you can see some of the oranges and pinks in the towers.

I think this is a hull about to become one of those converted freighters I've posted about elsewhere. I always like taking pictures of the Bridge as ships are passing under it. Since I was spending more time than normal watching the Bridge, I was able to get a couple.

This is the ship I mentioned earlier as it passes under the Bridge.

Getting darker, the fireworks will be soon.

This is one of my better shots of the fireworks and the bridge. It was pretty windy so they may have limited the altitude of the fireworks or I may not have had the best view. They were sill pretty cool to watch though.

Another firework going off over the Bridge. I thought I saw pictures where they are more promient but like I said that may have been from a different spot.

Another shot of a boat passing underneath. You can kind of see the light trails underneath as the boat moves.

And the boat clearing the bridge.

It was cool seeing the fireworks go off over the bridge but I think there would have been a better spot for me to do this project. I will probably try again next year. I did like the shots I got though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where would you sit next time for better shots? We are thinking about going this year for the 4th of July!
Thanks, Jennifer