Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Detroit Skyline at Sunrise

I decided to get up early this morning because I found a website that tracks ships on the Great Lakes and I found that there would be a couple ships passing through Detroit around 6 in the morning. Since I was going to be heading up to our other office anyway, I decided I would stop by Belle Isle to get pictures of those ships.

Since I like the view of Detroit from Belle Isle, I decided to take a couple pictures of the skyline.

This is a picture of the skyline as I first got there, the sun was barely over the horizon and cast a nice pink hue to the city.

This is a shot of the Ambassador Bridge. As you can see it was a little hazy out this morning.

A shot of the Ambassador Bridge a little while later. The sun is a little higher in the sky but there are still the pinks and oranges in the sky.

A shot of the Renaissance Center. The sun was a bit higher in the sky but still technically dawn so there are still the pinks and oranges in the sky.

A shot of the Comerica Tower. This is probably my favorite building in Detroit because of the spires.

An overall shot of the Detroit skyline from Belle Isle. Again the sun was still in the process of rising so is still the myriad of colors associated with that.

No comments: