Friday, July 2, 2010

Some Random Boats

Since I spent alot of time near the water yesterday, I had many opportunities to take some boat pictures. It wouldn't surprise me if I saw a tidbit that Michigan has the highest number of registered pleasure boats in the country. Anyways, these are some pictures I took along the way yesterday.

As I was taking a picture of the South Haven lighthouse, I looked back towards the river and saw this shot. I really liked it, so I took a picture of it. These are sailboats heading out towards the lake.

This is a sailboat heading out of South Haven.

This is a shot of sailboat looking out towards the water.

This is a shot of a Sheriff's boat in Holland.

This is a shot of the marina in Holland.

This is a shot of a sailboat coming in towards Grand Haven. It looks like a boat you can take a cruise on.

Another shot of that boat. I set it for a higher exposure to get the silouette against the sunset. For some reason, I really like this shot.

Anyways, I had a pretty good day photographing yesterday. I saw a couple of lighthouses I'd never seen before and got some better pictures of the ones I did see before. I got a little too much sun though and since it was through the car's window, I almost have the effect of Roy Neary from Close Encounters which is ironic since I was driving through Northern Indiana as well.

I'll have to work my way up the more northern part of the coast to get the lighthouses I didn't get up there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the last shot of the boat at sunset; great time of night for shooting! very pretty & nice color. Colleen :)