Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Detroit Zoo

It was a nice day today so I decided to head to the zoo before I decided to head north. The zoo isn't too bad in the summer but I like it much better in the winter because there are less people and the animals are a little more active. It was still nice though.

One of the llamas.

This was one of those being there at the right moment type pictures. I managed to catch this llama as he was yawning.

A pair of flamingos.

Another flamingo.

This is one of my favorite animals at the zoo....the wolverine. Sadly, they weren't quite as animated as the last time I went to the zoo.

The bald eagle. I was happy to see him there because they didn't have him out the last time I visited. I thought maybe the got rid of him but maybe they were just keeping him out of the cold.

Another shot of the eagle.

One of the prairie dogs.

Another one of my favorite exhibits is the kangaroo area. Although I didn't do it this time, you are able walk through the exhibit.

The bear sleeping.

The hippo sleeping.

A pair of zebras.

A pair of rhinos.

One of the meerkats. This is another one of my favorite exhibits at the zoo.

One of the apes.

This is a fallow deer.

A shot of the tiger. This is another one of my favorite exhibits at the zoo. The tigers are such graceful and beautiful animals.

Another shot of the tiger.

An immature eagle. Apparently they got this one from Alaska because it flew into a power line. They were able to save him and he is unable to fly which is why he is at the zoo.

Another shot of the flamingos.

No comments: