Friday, October 25, 2013

A Little Bit of Bragging

This all started a few months ago.  I got an e-mail from the author of this book asking if she could use one of my pictures for a book they were looking to publish.  She had a link to the picture they wanted to use and I saw where she was writing from and said sure.

They were doing a book about the history of football and it was being published through the Library of Congress.  It actually sounded pretty cool.  I didn't think anything about it until about a month or so ago and I sent her an e-mail asking about the progress and she said it was about ready to be distributed and I would be getting my copy soon.  Well it turns out that was delayed a bit about the shenanigans in Washington.
On Wednesday, I found out that I had a package waiting for me at the office but I couldn't pick it up until today.  I'll admit that it was pretty cool to get a package from the Library of Congress.  It's not often that one gets a package from there, so I was kind of excited.
 As I opened the package, I saw a letter from the author expressing her thanks.  How many times do you get a letter with the official Library of Congress letterhead?  This will be tucked away in the book itself.
 A nice little Library of Congress stamp.  I think this was one of the proof copies, but again I don't care about that.
 In case you care, my picture is on page 141.  I think it turned out pretty nice.
And here is the original picture.

If you are interested in the book, it is called "Football Nation:  Four Hundred Years of America's Game" and the main author listed is Susan Reyburn.  It actually looks pretty interesting and is pretty comprehensive in its coverage of the game.

1 comment:

Pater said...

That is a very nice picture. Congratulations.