Friday, October 11, 2013

The Pittsfield Reserve

So after work I headed over to the Pittsfield Preserve.  It is one of the last Pittsfield Parks that I needed to visit.  I did not set out to make this week dedicated to Pittsfiled Township's Parks, but I guess it kind of happened.
 The Pittsfield Preserve was purchased by the township in 2002 and is approximately 535 acres of land.  It is bordered by Morgan Road to the north, Marton Road to the west, Thomas Road to the east and Textile Road to the south.  It encompasses a diverse amount of land types.  There are two access points, one is on Marton Road and the other is on Thomas Road.  This is what you see when you enter from Marton Road.
 I was mostly just wandering around the park tonight and didn't really have a good lay of the land, but I still liked what I was seeing.  I'm not sure what the township uses the corn for but they grow it apparently.
 I wanted a similar scene to the one above but with the trail cutting through it.  It think this one is fairly new as well, so the trails aren't as well developed as Lillie Park but they were nice enough.  It was pretty quiet tonight as well.
 I'm not sure what kind of flower this is but I like it.
 A closer view of the fall foliage.  It is starting to come out around here but I have a feeling it isn't going to last long.
 A mushroom.
One of the trails through the woods.
 Another set of flowers.
 This is pretty representative of the trails going through the woods.  Like I said, they aren't quite developed yet.
 Even in a secluded place like this, people have to leave their mark.  So does mean that KW will love WW forever?
 Heading back to my car.
 Another shot of the woodland trails.
 I loved the way the light was hitting the trees, so I had to take another shot.  I also wanted to include the moon.
 Back to where I started.  Sadly, I zigged when I should have zagged and I missed the heron pond.  I guess that gives me another reason to return.
 Another one of the trees.
This is a Delta Airbus, I think.  Well I'm sure about the Delta part but I'm not so sure about the Airbus part.

It's pretty nice that Pittsfiled Township is taking the effort to make all these parks.  They are pretty nice and I hope they get nicer in the future.

No comments: