Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Wandering Around Chicago - Part III

And we get to Part II of my Chicago Tour.  This is the part where I walk back from the tour dock to Union Station.  It's actually a pretty nice walk.
 The other side of the DuSable Bridge.
 As I took this picture, I realized I should have been taking more pictures of the shop windows.  As I've said before I really like transparent reflectives.
 The Carbide and Carbon Building of Chicago.  The building was constructed in 1929 and now serves as the Hard Rock Hotel.  It was built with black granite.  It's kind of a shame they don't build them like this anymore.
 Looking down one of the Chicago streets.
 A group of buildings on Michigan Avenue.
 I'm not sure what this is called, but I think it is a pretty neat sculpture.
 Another angle of the space
 Looking down Michigan Avenue.
 Another angle of the bean.
 I'm not sure what these buildings are.  Even though it's a terribly modern looking building, I do kind of like the one in the middle.
 Looking down the other way of Michigan Avenue.
 I think this is another sculpture in Millenium Park.
 A little further down Michigan Avenue.
 One of the lion sculptures in front of the Art Institute of Chicago.
 Looking towards that cluster of buildings again.
 The front of the Art Institute of Chicago.  The Institute itself was founded  in 1866 but lost its original building during the Great Fire of 1871.  In 1882, they purchased the land for the current building.  It was built for the World's Columbian Exposition and then used by the Insitute after 1893.
 Looking down towards the Sears Tower.
 Not sure what building this is.
 Looking down another Chicago Street.
 Looking at the Chicago Board of Trade Building.
 Looking up at the Sears Tower.
 From another angle.
One more shot of the Sears Tower before heading back to Union Station.

I love visiting Chicago and it's even more fun since I've discovered the train.  One of these times, I'm going to have to do an overnight stay to get some night shots.  Everytime I visit, I find something new and I can't wait to go back.

No comments: