Thursday, October 24, 2013

And the Ever Lovely Kaye E. Barker

If you recall from my Paul Tregurtha post, my last shot showed the next ship that was coming up.
 The ship in quest was the ever lovely Kaye E. Barker.  She's probably not going anywhere since she's had her engine replaced last year.
 While waiting for the Barker to come a little further up the river, I decided to take a shot of the Sugar Island Ferry.  Evidently she was out of service for a while and they had to use one of the Drummond Island ferries.
 But enough shots of ferries, lets get back to a proper ship.
 Even though she hauls a bunch of iron ore, not a lick of rust on her.  It seems that Interlake knows how to take care of their ships.
 Although I'm not sure why there's smoke coming out of the back.
 She creeps a little closer.
 It looks like they may be giving her pilothouse a painting but I'm not sure.
 It was a lovely night though.
A shot of her deckhouse.  Again, I'm not sure why she was smoking like that.
 A shot of her pilothouse as she passes.
 Another shot of her deckhouse.
 A shot as she pulls away.
One more from Mission Point.
 Back to my other spot to catch her in a different spot.
 A shot of the Algosar who just docked at Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.
 She slowly works her way closer.
 Gives me a nice profile shot.
And slowly she moves away.

No comments: