Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Stop at Jackson Yard

I saw that the Wilfred Sykes would be heading into Grand Haven yesterday, so I decided to head over there.  I ended up taking a convoluted way out of the area because I was hoping to get some donuts at a place on the western side of Ann Arbor.  Sadly, they were closed.  However, that meant that I had to take another route to Grand Haven.  I ended up taking I-94 to US 127.  It's not too much longer either time wise or distance wise, so I guess I didn't lose much going that way.
 Since it was sort of on the way, I decided to make a stop at the Jackson Rail Yard.  I ended up going to the opposite side of where I was last time.  It would put me more in line with the light although I wasn't sure if it was private or not (I didn't see any signs).  There were only a handful of trains there and most of them were the trains like this.
 The high nose version of the train above.
Sort of an overall shot of the yard itself.

No comments: