Monday, July 13, 2015

A Stop at the Nickel Plate

So I headed down to Indiana over the weekend.  My main goal was to go to the County where they have a large number of covered bridges.  As I looked at the map, I discovered that the Nickel Plate 765 restoration place would be on the way.  I also found out that the public was welcome during the weekend.  So I decided to stop.
 There's not alot to see there but it was still pretty cool to see what I saw.  I believe this is an old switcher engine.
 A Caboose.  I think they pull this on the Nickel Plate.
 The main attraction for me was the Nickel Plate 765 itself.
 It was kind of nice to be able to get up close and get pictures of it that I wouldn't be able to get.
 From another angle.
 I think this was my favorite shot.
 I was able to get up close and get some detailed shots.  These are the drive wheels.
 I have no idea what any of the parts are though.

 Looking up at the cab.  If I would have been thinking, I would have asked to see if I could get some inside pictures.
 Looking down at the engine.
 The number boards.
 Pulled back a little bit.
 The builder's plate.

 Looking at the cab from the other side.
 The switcher from the front.
 Looking at the oblique angle again.
One more shot before moving on.

No comments: