Saturday, July 4, 2015

The American Integrity Passes Port Huron

I thought this would make a good Fourth of July Post, but as I'm typing this, it is after the Fourth of July.  Oh well.
 First I will start you off with a joke.  Why isn't there any American Integrity in Washington?  Because it's on the Great Lakes.
 Seriously, the American Integrity is one of thirteen thousand footers that travel on the Great Lakes.  She is part of the reason why you don't see the number of ships that you used to be able to see.
 Basically, one American Integrity is the equivalent of 4 or 5 of the older boats.  Both is size and the amount of cargo carried.  This represents a savings to the shipping companies.
 I believe she was delivering a load of coal to the St Clair Power Plant.
 She passes under the Blue Water Bridge.
 I just love how massive these ships look.  For some reason, they remind me of the Star Destroyers on Star Wars.
 These things are massive.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  It is the equivalent of an 8 or 9 story building moving by.
 For some reason, I imagine a bumper sticker that says, "We brake for noone" on the back.
But that's not the case.

No comments: