Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Manistee Pays a Visit to Cleveland As Well

When I arrived, I saw that the Manistee was waiting out on Lake Erie.  Well, it wasn't so much waiting as turning around to enter the channel.
 This was a pretty slow process for her, as she was only doing about 1 knot.  I'd imagine that was her minimum steerage speed.
 This picture shows why I like taking pictures of ships on the Lakes.  Typically I am in a fairly peaceful location while doing it.  It makes for a relaxing moment especially after chasing a train.
 She gave me a nice profile shot.
 She finally made the turn towards the channel and was heading in.  Again, she was taking it pretty slow as she had to wait for the American Courage.
 A nice shot passing the west lighthouse.
 And the three quarters shot.
 A boat passing by.
 The other lighthouse.
 The Manistee gets bigger as she gets closer.
 The light was hitting her just right.
 And she starts to pass by.

 A shot of her pilothouse.  I was amazed at the amount of rust on her.
 Another skyline shot.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
 Her stack.
 She passes by.
 Another skyline shot.
 She passes under the rail bridge.
 And starts to make her turn for the river.

One more shot.

No comments: