The Valley Camp is a ship that currently serves as a museum ship in Sault Ste Marie. On this night it was serving as a site for boatnerd gathering.
The Valley Camp was built by the American Shipbuilding Company in Lorain, Ohio and launched in 1917. She is 550 feet long and has a beam of 58 feet. She could carry around 12,000 tons of cargo and was powered by 1,800 hp triple expansion steam engine. When she was launched she was known as the Louis W. Hill and was owned by the National Steel Company. In 1955, she was sold to the Wilson Marine Transit Company and given her current name. In 1959, she was sold to Republic Steel. She sailed until 1967 and was retired because she still used coal.
In 1968, she was sold to Sault Ste Marie for $10,000 and towed there from Wisconsin. She remains pretty much intact.