Thursday, June 20, 2019

A Hazy Whitefish Bay

Little did I realize, it was going to be a nice day of boatwatching.  After catching the LCS, we decided to grab lunch.  It was going to be a couple hours until the next ship and then the rest would come fairly frequently.
 Normally, I will post pictures of a ship much sooner than this on.  I usually have pictures as soon as they come into view but that Sunday was particularly hazy.
 I think the air temperature was in the 80s and the water temperature was in the 50s.  That temperature differential is enough to distort the view.  Especially if you are using a telephoto lens.
 Fortunately as the boats get closer there is less distortion.
 And my favorite angle, at least that wasn't hazy.
 and the ship framed by the bridge.
 I think this particular ship was heading to Nanticoke and if that's case, she was loaded with iron ore.

And one more shot as she passes.

No comments: