Monday, June 10, 2019

Catching the Federal Danube

I'm still going through my pictures from the weekend before last.  These pictures are from Marine City.
 I'm not sure where the Federal Danube was coming from, nor am I sure where she was heading.  Based on looking at Marine Traffic, she would have been heading for Montreal when I took this picture.  Now she is on her way to Italy.  I think she might be carrying grain.
 She is one of many of the salties that sail on the Great Lakes.
 As you can see it was pretty sunny.  It was also pretty warm and that was having an effect on my pictures.  Apparently, the lakes are cooler than usual and the heat difference is causing some hazing in my pictures.
 That means I'm not using as many pictures I would normally use.
 She starts to pass by.
 I do like these red ships though.  It's nice to see some color.
 The beam shot.
And she continues down the river.

No comments: