Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Save the Mad Dogs!

So I decided to head to the airport last Friday.  It wasn't 787 night but I was missing the airport and I was glad I went because it was nice night and I got some nice pictures.
 First up was a United 737 arriving from San Francisco.
 It was followed by an A320 coming in from Grand Rapids.
 Normally I don't post doubles of A320s, but I liked this shot.
 An A319 arriving from Monterrey.
 I prefer to have my planes bigger, but I like the clouds in the background.  The Air France 787 arriving from Paris.
 It was a night were the planes were arriving from the south.  That meant I had to decide which side of the airport I wanted to be on.  Since I wanted to catch the MD-11, I was on this side.
 This particular plane was arriving from Memphis.
 Not sure what it was carrying.
 but it was nice to catch.
 It was followed by a 757 from Mexico City.
 As it got closer, I realized it was a special 757.
 the Spirit of Freedom one.
 I don't think I've caught it on this side before.
 I decided to wait for the A350.
 Or the Trash Panda as I affectionately called it.  I'll have to say that this plane is growing on me.
 And it was coming in from Beijing.
 I decided to head over to the other side of the airport to catch some planes taking off.  With 21R under construction, most of the planes are taking off from 22L and that means I get some decent views.  this Frontier A320 was off to Raleigh-Durham.
 Piedmont Airlines was formed in 1948 and headquartered in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.  Like many pre-deregulation airlines, they didn't have hubs and flied mostly in the East.  It fell into the hands of USAir in 1989 which in turn fell into the hands of American.  I like this livery though.  This particular plane was heading off to Phoenix.
 A Spirit A320 off to Austin.
 A Delta 767 heading to Rome.
 Another plane that I was happy to catch.  American Airlines formally announced that they are going to retire these planes by the end of the year.  They also announced a schedule of sorts.  Sadly, these planes probably wont retire with the fanfare of the 747.
 This particular one was on its way to Dallas-Fort Worth.
 A Southwest 737 off to Baltimore.
 A CRJ-700 heading to O'Hare.
 this Southwest 737 was heading to Nashville.
 A Delta A319 heading to Washington DC.
 A Delta 737 heading to Las Vegas.
 A Delta A330 heading to Heathrow Airport.
 A 737 heading to Seattle.
 This particular 737 was off to Denver.
And I finished the night with this 767 flying to Frankfurt.

No comments: