Friday, June 14, 2019

Catching the Trash Panda

So I had to do a storm water inspection up at our Troy office last Tuesday (6/4/19) and I figured I would stop at the airport on the way home.  I figured I would at least catch the Air France 787 among others.
 First up was an American Airlines A319 arriving from the City of Brotherly Love.
 It was followed by a Delta A321 arriving from Fort Lauderdale.
 I kind of liked getting the beacon shot.
 A Delta A320 arriving from Boston.
 I love catching business jets and this one was a Cessna Citation.
 An MD-90 arriving from Atlanta.  I think Delta is planning on retiring these planes in the next couple of years.  While I'm sure it wont have the same fanfare as the 747s, there will be some as these planes are still loved by many.
 A Delta 767 arriving from Heathrow Airport.
 I decided to head over to the other side of the airport.  I decided that I wanted to catch some of the planes that would be arriving on this side.  A Southwest Airlines 737 arriving from Atlanta.
 A Spirit A320 arriving from Seattle.
 Another angle with beacon shot.
 One of the planes I was hoping to catch was an A350.
 This one was arriving from Beijing.
 I think these planes are pretty neat looking.  I like how the one wing tip looks like it is curled up in this angle.
 And this plane is the title for the post.  Some folks give this plane the nickname the "Trash Panda" because it kind of looks like a racoon.
 It was followed by the Air France 787.
 Usually planes from Europe land on the other side but with the construction of one of the runways, it's kind of messed up the patterns.
 One more shot.
 This Delta A319 has a United nose on it.  I think they sometimes share parts when in a pinch.
 It was followed by a 757.
 This particular one was arriving from Minneapolis.
 An A319 arriving from Mexico City.
 And a Spirit A320 arriving from Atlanta.
 This JetBlue E190 was arriving from Boston.
 A Spirit A320 from Jacksonville.
 I kind of liked the sky behind this picture.
 And I liked the beacon shot.
 A Spirit A321 from Las Vegas.
 A United E175 arriving from O'Hare.
 It was followed by a United 737 arriving from San Francisco.
 A Delta A321 from Las Vegas.
 With the MD planes getting retired, the 717 will have to take the DC-9 mantle.  This one was arriving from Charlotte.
 an American 737 from Dallas.
 Another plane I was waiting for.
 The 757 from Indianapolis.

And I finished the night with an A330 from Amsterdam.

No comments: