Tuesday, June 4, 2019

And the Alpena

The ship I was interested in catching was following fairly closely behind.
 And that ship was the Alpena.
 She was coming down from her namesake with a load of cement.
 She was heading to the cement dock on the other side of DelRay.
 Little did I know that it would end up being a split load.  More on that later.
 She is definitely one of my favorite ships but I don't she will ever supplant the Blough.
 She always looks like she is in good condition and I think her owners take care of her.
 Anyway, it looked like it was going to start raining.
 But she is a pretty nice looking ship.

 Getting pretty close to the beam shot.
 the beam shot.
 And she passes by.
 In a little over an hour, she will be at her destination and will start unloading.
I'm still not sure how long it takes for to unload but I think it is long enough that I had a chance to catch her on Monday.

No comments: