Thursday, June 20, 2019

And Then There Was the Joseph H. Thompson

So I got to my spot and I was just waiting for the ship I was hoping to catch.
 But before that ship was a tug/barge.
 The tug/barge in question was the Joseph H. Thompson, Jr. pushing her barge, the Joseph H. Thompson.
 If I remember correctly, the tug was made from parts of the ship.
 And the ship at one time was known as the Marine Robin and she was off the shores of Normandy on the morning of June 6, 1944.  She is the other war veteran on the Great Lakes.
 Now she is just a tug/barge doing tug/barge type things.  I think in this case, she was delivering stone somewhere.
 the more or less full on shot.
 And a shot of her pilothouse.
 A sort of shot of her stern.

And she pulls away.  Unfortunately, I couldn't any more pictures after this one.  It was kind of a warm day and the Lakes really haven't had time to warm up and therefore are creating a bit of haze in my pictures.

No comments: