Sunday, June 23, 2019

Tiptoe Through the Peonies

Slowly but surely, I am getting caught up on my posting.  I didn't do much last weekend because it was raining on Saturday.  Sunday started with rain but it stopped, so I decided that it would be a good day to head over to Nichols Arboretum to get some pictures of the peonies.
 With the cold and the rain, it has not been a good spring for flowers (either wild or domestic).  And it seems like when they should have come, it would rain and knock the petals off.  So when I saw that the peonies were blooming at the arboretum, I decided to head over there.
 Unfortunately, many of the flowers looked pretty sad but many still looked fine.
 For the most part, I'm just going to let the pictures do the talking in this post as I don't know the different types.
 I did like this one, especially with the bits of pink in it.




 I like it when I can catch the middle of them.


 I really like this one, I just wish the leaves weren't so wilted.








As you can see there were a few people but it wasn't as covered with flowers as it normally is.

No comments: