Thursday, June 6, 2019

And the Alpena

So I bounced between the deck of the Schoonmaker and the ground in an effort to get some pictures of the Alpena.  She was taking her time getting down the river.
 She is passing one of the railroad bridges on the Maumee.  She was making pretty decent time in this picture.  It wasn't too hazy out, so I was able to get some decent shots of her.
 She's being approached by a pleasure boat.
 As the boat is passing her.
 Just before this picture, she started to turn around.  I thought for a second that she might end up going to what looked like another cement dock.  It turned out that she was just turning around to back down the river.  I think it is easier for captains to back into the dock.
 It took a while for the bridge to open.  I was about ready to head home when I saw that she was starting to go through the bridge.  At this time, the Schoonmaker was closed, so I had to find another spot.  Fortunately, there is a decent spot along the river.
 And she passes through the bridge.
 At this point, she was picking up speed.  I was actually hoping to see some tugs but I guess not.
 The beam shot, this working in the opposite direction of what I normally shot.
 And she passes giving me the shots that I prefer.
 Because I was now shooting into the sun, I had to adjust things a bit.
 Another shot of her bow.
 A shot of the skyline again.
And one more shot before heading home.

No comments: