Saturday, June 8, 2019

The Algoma Guardian at Marine City

Slowly but surely, I'm getting caught up on my posting.  Last Saturday, I decided to go out boatwatching.  I saw that I had a chance to catch a couple of salties.  Since I really haven't caught too many of those, I decided to head up that way.  I missed my chance to catch them in Port Huron, so I decided to head down to Marine City to catch them.  I was hoping to use the new pavilion but someone was having a wedding there, so I went to the park I used to go to.
 First up was not a salty but it was a ship I haven't seen in a while.  Allegedly, Algoma was going to scrap her but she keeps soldiering on.
 It was last October when I last saw her and that was up at the Soo.  I think she ends up traveling on days when I can't catch her.
 Even though she is one of the rear mounted pilothouse ships, I still like the looks over her.
 And she starts to pass by my spot.
 Unfortunately, she was too long to get a proper beam shot.
 So I got a shot of her pilothouse.
 I don't remember where she was heading and I really can't go back to look it up.
At any rate, it was nice seeing her.

No comments: