Friday, June 21, 2019

And Classic Laker Day Continues

It seems like it is rare when I see one classic laker in one day but then again, I haven't spent a long time boatwatching lately.  Generally, I just go up for one or two ships and call it a day.  This particular Sunday was a different story.  I saw what was still coming down and I decided that I wanted to catch them.
 Next up was the John G. Munson and she belongs to the Great Lakes Fleet.  At one time, one of my cousin's sailed on her. 
 She was coming down from calcite with a load of stone.  I'm not sure where she was heading though.  I think she might have been heading to Detroit where she would deliver said stone.
 She was being followed pretty closely by another laker.
 And of course the head shot.
 I think the waves were starting to pick up a little bit.
 And she is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 Another shot with the Blue Water Bridge, I kind of liked the look of the clouds at this time.
 She almost beam shot of her.
 A shot of her deck house.  As you can see, the US flag is going out.
 She continues down the river.  At this point she would be about 5 hours from Detroit (if that's her destination).
And one more shot of her.

No comments: