Sunday, June 23, 2019

An Evening at Magee

So on Wednesday evening, we decided to head down to Magee Marsh.  It was a fairly nice night but cloudly.  We figured we might have a chance to see the young eagles flying.
 As I was heading into the park, I saw this guy just off the road.  It wasn't the great photo but it worked.
 He was moving his head back and forth.
 Almost looking right at me.
 I then headed to one of the eagle nests and I saw the mother and her two babies.  I stuck around for a while in the hopes that the mate would return.
 She was looking around.
 then I headed to the other nest and got one of those once in a lifetime shots.
 In this case, a baltimore oriole standing near an eagle.
 That particular eagle flew by.  As I was waiting for the return, I caught this egret flying over.
 Another shot of him.
Another heron.

I didn't catch any eagles flying but it was still a pretty cool night.

No comments: