Sunday, June 2, 2019

The Mississagi Comes in Out of the Storm

On the Saturday before Memorial Day, I was going to go up to meet my dad to go help him with my Grandpa's and Great Uncle's gravestones.  I posted a picture of my Great Uncle's gravestone last week.  Before heading up there to meet him, I saw that there was a ship coming down that I was interested in.  The catch was that she would be passing Port Huron at around 6:30 in the morning.  Since I wasn't sleeping very well anyway, I decided to wake up and catch her.
 Just before I got to Port Huron, it was storming.  It was still storming to the north of Port Huron.  Fortunately, it wasn't storming when I took these pictures.
 I kind of like the way the water looked.  It gave a very distinctive look to my picture.
 If I remember correctly, the Mississagi was on her way down from Calcite.   That means that she had a load of stone.  I think she was heading down to Marine City.
 She starts to make the turn for the channel.
 Another slight turn.
 the other headshot that I get.
 And She makes the turn for the other channel.
 It was starting to brighten up for me.
 I like the clouds in this one.
 And she starts to pass by.
 the beam shot.
 And she continues down the river.
One more shot.

No comments: