Wednesday, January 2, 2013

And Looking to 2013

I was going to do this yesterday but got a little sidetracked by the Cresswell and dams, so I'll do it now.  A wise green man said, "Always in motion is the future..." or something like that.  And for the most part I tend to agree with him.  Last year I think I had some grand plans but they got sidetracked by other things.

I know I was planning to do a 12 month series of Belle Isle last year, that kind of got tabled as I think the scope of Belle Isle itself is too large for a regular 12 month type series.  That being said, there are a few parts of Belle Isle I have not wander to and I'll probably do that this year.  I would definately like to check out the Nature Zoo but I hear that's not too much to write home about.  Sometimes I wonder about the viability of a 12 month series because sometimes there isn't much variation between two months (especially if catch one month at the end and the next month at the beginning).  However for the different seasons, I was thinking of doing one of the covered bridges in the four seasons.  I think the Fallasburg one would be good for that.

As far as major travel plans, I'm thinking of taking the Empire Builder again this year.  I would like to take it as far as Glacier but I think I will just take it to Seattle and back.  Seattle was pretty neat, although it looks like there are some neat things in Glacier.  I'll probably do another trip out east around Easter time.  I would like to go to the Railroad Museum in Scranton.  I would still like to do Duluth but I might do that later in the year.

A little closer to home, I would like to continue with my roadways of Detroit series.  I still have to do Grand River and Gratiot Avenue.  I will wait for the spring or later to do Grand River because I'd like to take that all the way out to Grand Rapids.  I would like to do the Auto Show and Willow Run too.  I think the Thunderbirds are going to be at Willow Run this year.  I'll probably do the Dayton Air Show as well.

As for what else...who knows what 2013 will hold.

And as always, if you have suggestions, please leave a comment.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Christopher List said...

Glacier, man. Go to Glacier.