Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Presque Isle Passes Belle Isle

There was one more ship to be watched yesterday.  I wanted to catch the Presque Isle because she finally had her Great Lakes Fleet stripe added.
 Now there is no more confusing her with an Interlake boat.
 And I think it looks quite nice.  There are quite a few folks that don't like the stripe.  I do.  It reminds me of dazzle flage.
 A closeup of the stripe.  You can tell it's still fairly new.
 Even though this is a tug/barge, it is one that I actually like.  She looks like a proper ship for the most part.
 Although there are points where you can tell, but this isn't one of them.
 I think she looks pretty sleek.
 Another shot of her bow.
 And pilothouse.
 And here you can see where she is a tug barge.
And so she continues on to Conneaut, Ohio and then will head to Erie, PA for layup.

No comments: