Monday, January 28, 2013

Zehnder's Snowfest

After my uncle's birthday party, my mom and I decided to head over to Frankenmuth to hopefully catch some of the snow sculptures there.  This is the 21st Snow Festival.  It is kind of nice to see towns put on things like this instead of the typical things many towns do.
 I would have taken more pictures but it was getting close to single digit temperatures.  What I did see was pretty cool though.  This was one of the high school displays.  I think it is supposed to be a dragon.
 A castle.
 This was one of my favorites.
 This one was pretty cool too.  It was done by Bay City Central.
 A closeup of his face.  Although there's not a terrible amount of detail.
 Then I moved over to what I presumed was the adult section.  These were even cooler.  A pair of seals.
 Given that this is a train, it attracted me. 
 I really liked this one.  It is amazing what kind of detail they can do with this.
 A bear and a tree.
 A hummingbird.
A snow replica of the glockenspiel.  I'll have to admit this one is pretty cool too.

No comments: